Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

To Answer my own questions......

I figured I'd repost them here and have a go at it for fun! You guys have inspired me with your elightening/humorous responses ;-)


1. What was your favorite childhood toy?

Well, I did have quite a few, but the top of the list definately has to be two beanie baby kittens named Scampers and Paws. Yes, I still have them, and they sit on my bed after I make it in the morning!

2. What is your favorite domesticated animal?

I have to say rabbits, since I am a proud bunny owner, but I've also always had a soft spot in my heart for kitty-cats, I and think ferrets are fascinating.

3. Who is your favorite fictional/legendary character, and why?

Without question or doubt, Robin Hood is my favorite figure from legend. His wit, warmth, and willingness to fight for justice will always make him most appealing. From fiction, I would probably vouche for the Scarlet Pimpernel. He's so dynamic and energetic, willing to play the fop to achieve his goal of rescuing innocent victums from the guillotine.

4. Who is your favorite historical character, and why?

Oh, my gosh! There are so many! Aside from saints, and off the top of my head, I'm going with Major John Pitcairn of Lexington and Concord fame. He was a Scots-born British marine officer during the American Revolution, and I admire him for his tough courage and ability to earn the respect of both sides. I also really admire Bishop Alexander McDonell, the zealous Scottish missionary turned British military chaplain who emigrated with his Catholic clan to Canada in the early 1800's.

5. Who is your favorite saint/Biblical character, and why?

My favorite selection of saints comes from the 40 Martyrs of England and Wales. I have a special devotion to St. Edmund Campion, the brilliant scholar turned Jesuit priest who returned to England disguised as a jewel merchant. I admire his charisma and zeal for the faith, as well as his willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice and die a martyr for the Church. Also, my confirmation saint, St. Margaret Ward, "Pearl of Tyburn", inspires me since she was a Catholic middle class woman who took matters into her own hands and helped a Catholic priest escape from the Bridewell Prison. She was executed for her act of daring.

6. What is your favorite type of music/musical group?

I love folk music from the British Isles, as well as Baroque music, especially the works of George Frederick Handel. One of my favorite singers is Loreena McKennitt.

7. What is your favorite quote.

"There will never want in England men that will have care of their own salvation, nor such as shall advance other men's; neither shall this Church here ever fail so long as priests and pastors shall be found for their sheep, rage man or devil never so much." St. Edmund Campion

8. What are your favorite meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert)?

Breakfast: blueberry waffles with maple syrup.
Lunch: pepperoni/mushroom pizza
Dinner: fried chicken with mashed potatoes and creamed corn
Dessert: cheesecake, angel food cake, muffins, eclairs, etc.

9. What is your favorite flower/plant?

I like daisies, Black-eyed Susans, and ferns. I also like the rose, the thistle, the leek, and shamrock, since all of them appear on the British royal coat-of-arms.

10. When was a time you felt particularly inspired by something?

I felt inspired after watching the films "Damn the Defiant" and "I Confess." I also felt quite move when listening to King's Choir sing "The Shepherd's Carol." Really, most things dealing with the beauty of British culture inspire me. Last but not least, I felt inspired recently at mass while watching the parish priest laboring in the very hot church building to give out Holy Communion. He was sweating, and I got the impression of what truly makes up the the Church: regular, hard-working, faith-filled individuals, who do their daily duties consistently and carry the Cross of Christ in little ways.

11. What are some of the causes you feel are worth fighting for?

The propagation of the Catholic Faith. The end of abortion and the upholding of traditional marriage. The preservation of the United Kingdom. The preservation of traditional American society. The ending of promiscuity and the false use of sexuality.


Thank you, one and all, for participating in the Liebster Awards! Ta, ta for now!



The Questions Have Been Answered....

1 comment:

  1. I remember Scamps and Paws! Good times. :)

    How is your rabbit doing, anyway? I meant to ask last time I visited, but our conversations kept shifting.

    ReplyDelete