Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A hopeful message.....


is contained in this beautiful poem that I received via forwarded message on my email. It was written to commemorate the victums of the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting that took place last week. At this time of national mourning, please keep the victims and their families in your prayers. That goes for the soul of the guilty party, as well, for he is in most need of God's mercy.


Twas' 11 Day Before Chrismtas

Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 a.m. when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.  They were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"Where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse."  "This is heaven." declared a small boy. "We're spending Christmas at God's house."
When what to their wondering eyes did appear, but Jesus, their Savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
Then He opened His arms and He called them by name.  And in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring. 
Those children all flew into the arms of their King and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace, one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
And as if He could read all the questions she had, He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
Then He looked down on earth, the world far below.  He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe.
Then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,  "Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"May this country be delivered from the hands of fools."    "I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
Then He and the children stood up without a sound.  "Come now, my children, let me show you around."
Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.  All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight, "In the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."
Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38  when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.  their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.  they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.  they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.  they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"I'm taking back My Schools!"


3 comments:

  1. Very touching conclusion.

    This event really shook me up because it made me think of my experience as a camp counselor this summer. I loved those kids so much and if someone had come in there with a gun... well, I might be dead right now, because they'd have to shoot me before they touched any of "my" kids. Breaks my heart thinking of the agony those teachers went through, not to mention the parents.

    - Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Katherine,

    The tragedy made me feel terribly suspicious of every stranger I saw on the street for a few days. I honestly can't believe anyone, even someone with serious mental problems, would take it out on innocent children and their teachers. There no other explanation than that this is the devil's work. There is evil in this world, and it is made manifest through troubled human beings.

    I'll pray for the protection of all those who work at and attend your summer camp. Have you ever thought of trying to purchase a "stun gun"? Not much of a permanent fix, but it could buy you valuable time in case of an emergency. Plus, even if gun restrictions are enforced, I'm sure you would able to obtain one.

    God Bless,
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pearl,

    Unfortunately, things like this happen all too often... after all, on the same day those 20 children died, more than 3,500 more were killed - in abortion clinics. And nobody cares. Well, what I mean is, our nation doesn't even see that as a tragedy. Some sobering articles on this:

    http://servantofcharity.blogspot.com/2012/12/politicizing-tragedy_16.html

    http://www.standtrue.com/shouldwecompare/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

    When will this country wake up?!?

    I haven't thought of a "stun gun" - if I go back next year, I may bring pepper spray or something, though. Thanks for the prayers! We did have some password-protected areas, but I wish it was still more protected.

    I do agree that such evil actions are the result of the devil... only he could get someone so awfully messed up. After all, as one of these articles says, we cannot raise our children in a culture of death and expect that things like this won't happen...

    - Katherine

    ReplyDelete