Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

"Dyth Gwyl Dewi Hapus!"

     Today March 1st, the Feast of St. David of Wales! This year, "Open Unionism" kindly let me do another guest post about the holy man of Cymru! Check it out here:

http://www.openunionism.com/dyth-gwyl-dewi-hapus/


     Finally, I think it's safe to say that this excursion on OU will not cause the least bit of consternation among "those people"......unless of course the Welsh Free Army goes on the march because I didn't give Owain Glyndwr a mention in my selection of "fascinating facts"....??? ;-)



Dewi Sant

6 comments:

  1. Diolch yn fawr Pearl. This morning we sang, 'Arglwydd, arwain trwy'r anialwch' but in English :-) 'Guide me, O thou great Redeemer' to the wonderful Welsh tune Cwm Rhondda, as our post communion hymn, partly in honour of Dydd Dewi Sant last Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, chaplain.cz!

    I LOVE "Cwm Rhondda"! The first time I heard it was on an album of music from the Welsh Guards, and I was blown away. They started out with snare drums and a choir of male voices, and then into a solo with orchestral accompaniment. It was glorious!

    God Bless,
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember the beautiful Welsh voices (and Richard Burton's narration) in ZULU, the film about Roark's Drift?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 cheers for "MEN OF HARLECH"!!!!

    I was just learning to play the chords for that on my new auto-harp :-)

    Speaking of "Zulu", if you want to see my review on it, go to the second set of film reviews I put up on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great read Pearl, thank you.

    I didn't know the Welsh were half as interesting haha!

    Scotland play them at rugby tomorrow (sat) In Edinburgh - keep your fingers crossed for us, it will be a tough game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, GWright!

    So.....the Goidelic Celts and Brythonic Celts "hit it off" today? Though I'm rather neutral in all this, I think I can afford to say a little pray for the Scots, just because you asked!

    But don't tell any of Welsh "fans", will you? They'd never forgive me, and I wouldn't want to face any latter-day "Men of Harlech" or "Jemima Fawr" types in a state of blazing wrath! ;-)

    ReplyDelete